Have you ever encountered a time where you might get caught in a situation that you did not see coming? How does your mind and body cope when you are under pressure? Have you recently faced some type of sudden conflict, received some disturbing news that might need time and space to process or perhaps you have experienced some unexpected interpersonal disconnect with a friend, colleague or family member?
Do you struggle with frequent roller coaster of emotions resulting in persistent feelings of intense sadness, helplessness, hopeless or loneliness and unable to recall the last time you felt joy or happiness? Perhaps you feel exhausted all the time no matter how much you sleep, or maybe sleep has become your escape from the daily fog that leaves you feeling numb or lethargic? Do you feel controlled by your negative thoughts, or have repeated thoughts that you will never feel better again? When you stand in front of your mirror, do you truly recognize the person looking back at you?
Everyone reacts to situational stress differently, it comes with both physical and emotional symptoms, and once these are understood, they can be managed appropriately and put to rest. Situational Stress is seen as temporary, short in duration, and simple measures can be taken to work through acute pain and minimize long-term impact. Situational stress is typically prompted by a particular incident or situation and not necessarily an accumulation of difficulties which can escalate to depression. Clinical depression is a medical illness that negatively impacts how you think, feel, and act. It can cause feelings of sadness and or a loss of interest in activities that you once enjoyed; can lead to emotional and physical problems; and decreased overall functional abilities. Depression is different from sadness or grief and bereavement.
In our therapy together…
- We will work together to identify the sources of your stressors and increase your self-awareness around physical and emotional reactions that act as cues to indicate onset of stress.
- I will help you understand how your feelings and behaviours are influenced by one another to develop effective emotional regulation and symptom management techniques.
- I will help you climb out of your rock bottom or help you see the light at the end of your tunnel by using elements of acceptance, self-awareness, self-forgiveness and self-compassion and enhancing your interpersonal connections.
- We will work towards gaining effective conflict resolution, problem solving, and coping skills to help you regain a sense of control and bring a sense of happiness and peace to your life.
- Together we will overcome your sense of isolation by shining light on your strengths to take back control of your life and by fostering a sense of hope towards happiness and life satisfaction.
If you are experiencing situation-specific stress or depression, join me on a journey to healing and happiness by exploring how your stressors impact your overall physical and mental well-being.
If you dare to heal…lets talk!
Click HERE to get your complimentary call started!
Returning clients click BELOW and book again!
DARE TO HEAL…Let’s Talk!Clinical Counselling & Psychotherapy Services
Salima Jadavji, M.S.W., R.S.W., C.Hyp,email@example.com
250 Harding Blvd, Suite 401, Richmond Hill, ON