I hold a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree and I am a Registered Social Worker (RSW) with Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW). I am also a member of The Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW). I am certified in Clinical Hypnotherapy (C.Hyp).
Outside of this thriving private practice, I work at University of Toronto Faculty of Law as a Health and Wellness Counsellor providing clinical guidance to students of the J.D. Program.
- Lead Clinical Social Worker at Southlake Academic Family Health Team (SAFHT) in Newmarket where I was committed to quality improvement initiatives, program development, individual and therapeutic groups, working with an interdisciplinary health team, and supervision of MSW Candidates.
- Provided psycho-educational talks on various mental health topics to University of Toronto Family Medicine Residency Teaching Program – active involvement with Family Medicine Residents ‘Academic Half-Days’ with development, implementation and delivery of teachings of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Motivational Interviewing and how these models relate to themes of Depression and Anxiety, ‘Assessing Risk and Risk Management’, and ‘How to Conduct Psychosocial Assessments’.
- Extensive hands on experience in hospital/primary care, addictions, residential treatment, youth detention and treatment, crisis response, and private sector assistance programs.
- Facilitation of Depression, Anxiety, and Personal Development Groups, Adolescent focused groups, among others. My therapeutic approach is creative, eclectic, and experiential and has had great success in the treatment for adolescents, young adults, and adults.
Education and Training:
- MSW degree (‘Clinical Stream’) at Wilfrid Laurier University; 14+ years of experience within the field; with additional certifications in Clinical Hypnotherapy (C.Hyp).
- Extensive training in Crisis Prevention and Intervention; Cognitive Behavioural Therapy; Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia; Motivational Interviewing; Mindful Psychotherapy and Mindfulness Based Practices; Brief and Solution Focused Therapy; Self-Compassion and Resiliency; Grief & Loss; Trauma; Dialectical Behaviour Therapy; and Psychodrama & Sociometry.
If you dare to heal…let’s talk!
Click HERE to learn more about offered services
Click HERE to get your complimentary call started!
Returning clients click BELOW and book again!
DARE TO HEAL…Let’s Talk! Clinical Counselling & Psychotherapy Services
Salima Jadavji, M.S.W., R.S.W., C.Hyp, firstname.lastname@example.org
250 Harding Blvd, Suite 401, Richmond Hill, ON